Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Apples Apples Apples!

Before the rain came I was like crazy trying to pick all my apples last night in the dark.  Well when we starting picking the apples it was daylight but it quickly became dark.  I think I definitely have enough to make homemade apple butter and applesauce and oh yes apple pie.  One variety I have is larger and very tart and the other smaller and sweeter.  I used to think canning was well eww, no way.  Now I love it.  I love the idea of making your own and tasting the yummy goodness.  The fact you did all the hard work yourself makes the taste even better. These are things I never thought I would do or say. I have really learned to embrace my inner Crunchy.  Last year a few of my friends and I got together and made oodles of applesauce and apple butter.   This year they have both had babies and so we can't get together.  I will post some of the product as soon as I can.  Have a happy healthy day and embrace who you are today!

No comments:

Post a Comment